Tuesday, March 13, 2007

You Said You'd Stay

Is it too much to ask for
A little space that used to be mine
A little place inside called heart
A spot that once belongs to me

I promise this time I’ll be patient
And I’ll make sure you’ll listen
I’ll trust every lie you claim as the truth
I promise I’ll be nice, I’ll be very quiet

Don’t shake your head
Don’t say you’ll thinking it over

I just need you to keep your promise
Cuz I’ve been holding on to your words
And you said you’d stay
Next to me, you’d stay

I hate to cry, I hate the drama
I don’t want to be mushy and all
Life has been pretty hard
You don’t need to hurt me this way

Don’t sigh, don’t raise your eyebrow
Don’t hold my hand and say you’re sorry

After all I just hope you keep your promise
And with all the words I have faith in
Is there any chance for you to stay?
Cuz some time ago you said you’d stay..

No comments: